Thursday, August 12, 2010

School is out for 5 weeks....


It's weird to be newly 25 and still in college. Not gonna lie, it's humbling.
And now I am stuck thinking...for 5 weeks. Thinking. Boooo.
Sometimes I hate my mind, how it never stops, it's always on overdrive thinking about life, things I would change, things I miss, memories I want to erase because it's too painful to believe they are gone.

I have genuinely fallen in love with Country music all over again. I enjoy understanding what the singer is actually singing, and the lyrics are often encouraging or at least just real.
I have been listening to The Wolf pretty much non-stop for the past 3 months and some odd days. It was a way to feel close to someone.
There is a song that I don't know the singer, but it's called Love Like Crazy. I tear up every time I hear that. I feel like giving up so much, especially lately. I am sad a lot, and in this moment in time it's hard to see why life is worth it you know?
This song has been encouraging I guess. "Never let your praying knees get lazy" is one of the lines and it's been good hear that when it feels like no prayer gets through to God.
Always over use I love you....that's probably my new favorite quote. We all need to know we are loved, and when we are hurt we retreat from saying things that make us vulnerable with people. I don't want to retreat. I still want to say I love you, even if it's not reciprocated. I still want to be willing to risk.

Just food for thought I guess.

There's a new band out called Perry, ironic. I love them. There is a song out about dying young and stuff, which honestly I don't really understand where the singer is going on this song, but it's a beautiful song. I listen to it on repeat all the time. Her voice sounds like water.
It makes me want to maybe start singing again.

So here is yet another random blog, with no real purpose....just venting on "paperless paper"

OH and there is a new Sonic right by TCC! WHAT!? Yah got a shake today. Worth the wait!

No comments: