Sunday, August 1, 2010

I left my heart in San Francisco



We made it home alive. It was a good time.
Sitting in a car for 14 hours both ways gives you more time than you want to ponder about things, so I just drank a tasty beverage and tried to sleep the whole time.
We arrived on Friday the 30th around 3am. Greeted by precious Biskey Baby and the girls, it was fun to see them after they all have moved out of state. I realized at that point how lonely it's been without my friends around all the time.
After we caught up on some more sleep Friday, we went out to some delicious Thai food and then headed to the beach for a bit to wander around and take pictures....I saw a nudist...and it was male. Not OK.
That night we got gussied up and went out for a night on the town....I wasn't looking forward to the 31st and was scared I would need the girls to pry a computer out of my fingers before sending a birthday wish in a moment of weakness, so I loosened up that night and danced for a LONG time. I needed to get my mind off the things I can't seem to get away from when I am left to my own devices.
Side note: I found I am extremely protective of my friends in club environments....I got really bold and confronted some huge dude when he tried to dance with my married friend...NOT ON MY WATCH even if I was tipsy and didn't have a watch on. I could have totally taken him.
After leaving that venue I don't really recall what happened....but we did end up at a gay bar. I saw some "interesting" art and danced some more. No one was cat calling at me or saying nasty crap, so I was able to continue to dance my little heart out there and feel safe.

Saturday morning comes....I don't wake up for a while....BUT when we do, we decide we should go wine tasting. OH dear me! My cute little Asian "korearran" (sound it out it's so much more fun this way) friend who we were celebrating this weekend drove us out through Sonoma and Napa Valley. It was gorgeous. I think I like the idea of being somewhat away from the city and just close enough to drive to it. Napa was so beautiful, we felt like we were in some foreign country. The hills, and trees, and color contrasts of everything on such an incredible and warm day was amazing. The houses were on huge pieces of land and massive trees with tons of shade were calling my name to go take a nap under them.

Then, we got to the winery and began our tasting.

I simply don't like wine.

Once we were done we moved on to the next vineyard and tasted some there. I found a dessert wine that was bearable but I think I will stick to what I know I like....which honestly, is hard liquor.
We took tons of pics, hopefully I will get to post some soon! Then we headed home to get layered up to spend the evening in the windy city of San Francisco. We had yet again another delicious meal in Japan Town then headed down to the Fisherman's Warf and Ghiradelli Square. It was quite romantic and me not "feelin" it wished a cute couple I saw would get hit by a car but then I took it back because I felt bad for thing that way.

It was so good to be with these girls this past weekend. I love each of them so much, and was so thankful for the history we have and where we are today. It has taken so much courage and strength to get where we are from the pasts we all have had to face. I am thankful for the pockets of friends I have all over the states and "across the pond."

Well now I am back home, ready to finish off this quarter of sciences. I am thinking once I am done with this second associates, I will apply to nursing schools around the US. Why not? It's not for another year, but if things don't change, I want out of here.

Good night world, I hope it's treating you well~

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love you Sav. Thanks for coming down to San Francisco. Maybe you should come back for your heart! :)